Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Power of Promotion

When I first proposed to my husband that we start an online Etsy shop, he readily agreed and was excited to start designing and creating his own pieces. Over the years, he had torn out many, many pages of magazines that showed designs he loved. We started off with about 10 items in our shop, but not knowing much about marketing and such, business was practically non-existent. When I finally sat down and looked around at the resources out there on Etsy, I found that there were many teams with common goals, such as promotion and making your shop the best it could be. I joined a team called Handmade Circle, and found many fellow Etsians that I could share my concerns, questions, and elation at sales with. I can't say our shop is where we would like it to be, but we were happy with our sales last year, and I became online friends with many sellers who needed support just like we do! So, in keeping with the Handmade Circle tradition of promoting each other, and as a thank you to all the fellow team members that have supported and promoted us, I plan to promote others on my team at least once a week. Without Handmade Circle and The Foxes Den Team, I don't think we would have had the sales we have had.


************************************************************************




The first shop I want to promote is called TipsyGLOWs. She sells many wine-related goodies; wine bottle lights, hurricane lamps, wine cork jewelry, and wine glass charms, and she does custom work! From Rhonda's shop --

"TipsyGLOWs unique wine bottle lights add a touch of elegance and warmth to your home decor. Perfect as a wedding gift, bridesmaids gift, or party hostess gift. They are also perfect as as house warming gift. They're beautiful when displayed on your kitchen counter, china cabinet, or dining room buffet."


Wine Bottle Lights - Live Well Laugh Often Love Much - Wedding Gift


*********************************************************************************


The next shop is BagsByHags. I have personally bought several items from Marsha, and I love her products! She sells a variety of products, but a bible cover is the next thing I will purchase from her shop. How nice to have a beautiful, hand-made cover for our Lord's Word! From Marsha's shop --

"In our shop you will find unique One Of A Kind Purses and Tote Bags, Aprons, Bible Covers, and Home Accessories. I love recycling denim into everything! All of the items in our shop with the exception of the few items in the vintage and supply/de-stash section are handmade by me in my home. 

Faith is the main inspiration for my business, my Faith is very important to me, without it I would be wandering aimlessly through this world. Faith carries me through all of my days! "



Bible Cover Red Bandana and Light Denim




So now I will promote our shop, Cutterstone. Here is one of my husband's current favorite rings that we are offering. We would welcome any questions you might have. We also can do just about any kind of repair work. Do you have a favorite piece that is just sitting in a box because it is broken? We can fix it! We can combine pieces together to make a new piece also. Convo our Etsy shop for more information. God bless you all and I pray that the rest of your week is productive and prosperous!

Blue Sapphire 14k Yellow Gold Ring Natural Fancy Lavender








5 comments:

  1. Great Post! Thank You for the shout out, both you and Rhonda have awesome products! I count myself very blessed to be a part of this group and for having crossed paths with you wonderful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Deni!! And thank you for the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picks--Rhonda and Marsha have such lovely shops! And love that ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! Handmade circle has been a very important part of many successful shops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on starting your blog!! Great job! Wishing u the very best.

    ReplyDelete