Monday, August 6, 2012

Loving the Family!

A few years ago, I set out to research my Dad's side of the family as a gift for my sister. He was an only child and never really talked about either side of the family. My Mom's side is much larger, but after she died when we were very young, my Dad never really kept in touch with them, and us....well, we were kids. So as I got into this research, I learned to really like and appreciate the search....of finding cousins and maybe the pictures that came with them. Luckily, on my Mom's side, one of my grandmother's brothers had done this genealogy research before the internet (can you imagine?) and actually published a book; Cornelius Roots & Shoots, so I had/have a great base to build on. Recently one of my previously unknown cousins started a Facebook Page - mainly for his line, but also for all the rest of the Cornelius'. I got a couple of great pics from him that I want to share, just because I love old photos.


This is my great grandfather on my mother's side, William S. Cornelius. He looked like quite a character, and lived to be 101. I remember going to that birthday party when I was 3 or 4...many many cousins there and he was on a gurney.




This is his wife and my great grandmother, Cassie Evans Cornelius.










This is the house they moved into in 1918 in Madrid, Nebraska, still standing when this pic was taken in 2002.


These are all pictures I got from my cousin. Really cool! I'm so glad I have met many of the people along the way and grateful for the information I got from them.





2 comments:

  1. WOW, if there's one thing I enjoy doing is looking at people's lineage photographs, even though I don't know them. These pictures remind me of my ancestors and that's one of the reasons why I appreciate you posting them.

    How lucky you are, Deni, to have new, old memories to cherish.

    XO - Lulu

    ReplyDelete