Monday, August 20, 2012

It's HOT HOT HOT!

Oh my gosh, I remember the days when we used to hitchhike down to Hermosa beach and stay and fry all day long! Although it wasn't good for my skin we did it anyway, with baby oil and iodine to boot! The picture you are looking at used to be a dead end street, the pier and ocean are beyond, and we used to park here. When we got a parking ticket, which used to be just $5, we would tear them up because they didn't go to warrant back then!





Hermosa Beach Pier Ave. Plaza




But now that I am a functioning member of society (LOL!!!), I don't live too close to the beach, which is fine for me. I would prefer a lake or river. But my husband LOVES it, so I have given our Etsy shop a beachy theme this summer. The one thing I do miss about the beach however is the cooler temps down there most of the time. I don't know what is up, but the heat has really got me going this summer. We have had hotter temps this year than last, and our swamp cooler doesn't work as efficiently because of the remodel we're doing -- more open walls and no doors to close off areas. So my favorite new friend has been a frozen bottle of water!







Red Gold Beaded Bracelet Chain Maille Shaggy Loops
Red Magatama Shaggy Loops Bracelet $34


So in going with the theme of this blog, here is a HOT HOT HOT bracelet that would go really well with those hot summer night parties....












...and a couple of sea-inspired sterling silver creations from my talented husband to cool you off on those same HOT summer nights!


Sterling Silver 14k Gold  Natural Blue Sapphire Maori Fish Hook Hei-Matau Pendant Cuttlebone Cast
Hei-Matau or Maori fish hook $166

Cuttlebone Cast Sterling Silver Seashell Pendant with Large Pearl
Sterling Shell $74
















Stop on by our Etsy shop, and see what other lovely pieces we have for you. September is sapphire month and we have several natural sapphire rings (click HERE) that would be lovely for a birthstone gift! And remember, we do all kinds of jewelry repairs -- sizing, soldering, ring re-tipping, replacing stones -- pretty much whatever you need. Please convo us through our shop.


www.cutterstone.etsy.com


1 comment:

  1. I have never spent much time at a beach, I think one day when I lived in Mississippi a long time ago, but it was cloudy. Don't think I got the full beach experience. Especially when it started raining. Anyway...you know I love your creations. I truly do.

    ReplyDelete