Friday, November 2, 2012

Custom Creations from Lulu

Hooray, the Holidays are coming! What a great time to support the USA and the many talented artists out there in Etsyland and elsewhere. I belong to a handful of supportive teams, and Artist's Loft  is a group that is very helpful on promoting and brainstorming and just about whatever you need! If you'd like to see what we are all about, here is our Facebook link: Artist's Loft FB Page  and here is our Etsy Team link: Artist's Loft Team on Etsy.

The shop I have chosen to devote 7 days of blogging to is the fabulous Divine Lulu Creations. Lulu (that's what we call her but her real name is Elizabeth) will custom sew or crochet many different items for you. She loves special orders, just convo her! Kiddies want special colors for their crocheted gloves? No problem! My favorite item is her "full coverage" aprons...they are wider on the top and have straps to put your arms through instead of ties, so no more hair tangling! I know when I'm in the kitchen I use my apron for my hands...but....if anything wants to spatter, of course it's on my chest! An apron is also a very thoughtful hostess gift.




Citrus Sunset Glitzy Full Apron S/M Coral Melon
Full coverage apron $15
Citrus Sunset Glitzy Full Apron S/M Coral Melon
Unique and comfy strap system



































I wanted to know some more about Elizabeth and how her shop came to be.

 Lulu, what is the inspiration for your shop name?

My real name is actually Elizabeth, but when I was a little girl my Dad used to call me Lizzie Lu. My dad is SO not big on pet names or cutesy "show your feelings" stuff, so it was a big deal to me. It stuck! In school people started calling me Lizzie Lu and then, Lulu. When I met my high school sweetheart (now my husband) he suffered through many girly movies with me, one of which is still my favorite "Pride and Prejudice". There's a part where Mr Darcy asks what he should call Lizzy and she replies "Goddess Divine". So, Lulu Divine was born and then I love to create.... so you get the idea! 



Purple Pima Cotton Fingerless Gloves, Ribbed, brown, lilac, white, multi colored          
Pima Cotton, Brown & Lilac $22

Here are a few more gift ideas from Divine Lulu Creations.

Kelly Green Crochet Fingerless Wool Gloves, Ribbed, Green
Kelly Green Crochet Fingerless Gloves $18




Mint Green Chocolate Chip Fingerless Gloves and Earwamer Crochet Set
Mint Green Earwarmer/Glove Set $14

Come back tomorrow for another interview question and more great products from this talented seller!

6 comments:

  1. Recently, Lulu made me a custom pair of fingerless gloves. I have rheumatoid arthritis and my hands a sensitive to cold...so I like these b/c I can wear them around the house and still function! I have very small hands and wrists and have a hard time finding things in my size(I usually have to buy kids gloves!). I gave her my measurements and they fit great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing a little bit about me! It's a great honor, you gals have been such an inspiration and support system for me! Thanks so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's our Lulu! Great post, Deni! I, too, have a pair of fingerless gloves from this gal, and I love them! She and I have done a few trading transactions. One thing about Lulu, she's game for just about any crafty suggestion, and will try any kind of custom, special order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post! Lulu is such a sweetie and has such beautiful things in her shop:)

    ReplyDelete